Persevere - Sticking with something even when it’s hard
Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith. - Hebrews 12:1,2
Dear River Ridge Family,
This Fall, we are embarking on a journey together as a church. Together we will learn what it means to persevere. Who knows what the Fall of 2020 will hold? It will certainly hold trials and difficulties that we can foresee, but will it hold obstacles that we do not foresee? Some of these obstacles will be easier than we anticipate and some will be harder. But no matter what hinders or entangles us, we will call upon God in this season is to run with perseverance the path that God has marked out for us in the strength that He gives us. Persevere is for the whole church family from the littlest to the biggest. I look forward to taking this journey together.
As part of the Fall Persevere Challenge, we are offering 4, one-hour seminars to help us in persevering in some specific areas of our lives.
- November 10 - Parenting w/Ric Hardison
- November 12 - Grief with Chad & Sarah Cobb
- November 17 - Marriage with John & Karen Barnette
- November 19 - Mental Health with Christy Legg
Each seminar will have a presentation and time for questions. All seminars will be from 7 pm to 8 pm. The Zoom Link for each session is 443 956 7329. To register, please click this link:
- Kick-off Sermon - September 13
- The Counter-Intuitive Life (A study through 1st Peter) begins Sunday, September 20
- The Heroes of Hebrews 11 begins Sunday, November 8
Daily Reading Plan
- Begins Monday, September 21- The five day a week reading plan is available to pick up on Sunday mornings and available on the web site. Each day will contain a passage of the Bible to help you grow in perseverance. Click here to download the devotion guide.
Morning Devotion on Facebook Live
- Begins Monday, September 21
- Each weekday at 8 am, a River Ridge host will share insights from the daily reading plan. This is a wonderful opportunity to engage with others about what we are learning about perseverance. If you miss the live feed at 8 am, you can watch it later in the day. Find us on Facebook at @RiverRidgeWV.
- Begins Sunday, September 13
- Elementary age and pre-school age kids have devotionals and activities designed just for them. Parents will help their kids learn what it means to stick to it, even when it gets hard… perseverance. If you do not receive a children’s perseverance packet by September 13th, contact .
Ridge Groups going through 1 Peter
- Begins the week of September 20
- Engaging with people in a small group is a great way to learn and to build community. Our curriculum will be a video series by Kyle Idleman on Right Now Media. This series will track through the book of 1 Peter alongside the Sunday morning sermons. We will have both in-person groups and online groups. To find a group that works for you contact .
- Begins Sunday, September 13
- This Fall, student ministry will be meeting in small groups. There will be groups for boys, girls, middle schoolers and high schoolers. Student Ministry small groups will follow the perseverance themes such as persevere in community and persevere in prayer. To join a small group, contact .
- Students will also have a word of encouragement each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on Instagram. Follow @rrsm_CRW
Book Club: Be The Bridge by Latasha Morrison
- Begins the week of October 19
- Persevere in Justice. Be the Bridge is book about racial reconciliation. Our country is divided over race, and we as followers of Jesus want to be part of the solution. To bridge the racial divide in our country is going to take perseverance…even when it gets hard. We invite you to join a 5-week book club that will serve as a discussion starter on the subject of race, the church, injustice and response.
- For questions about the book club contact .
Persevere Seminars Options
- Starts the week of November 1
- Persevering is a learning process. There are many areas of life where we can gain wisdom from God’s word on how to persevere. River Ridge will host online seminars on a variety of topics like marriage, parenting and recovery in the month of November. Watch the website, bulletin and Enews for details.